The PSUNYC Women's Leadership Network - Human Resources - Virtual Q4 2020 Session
Register for the Virtual Q4 2020 Session by Tuesday, Oct 6th
Be inspired by your fellow Penn State Alumnae! Make new connections, meet new friends, support our PSUNYC chapter. The Q4 event will highlight women in the HR field, with a guided panel followed by a Q&A. Hear about how the industry is evolving with current trends/challenges, as well as what drives them to manage the people aspect of various successful businesses! Check out our amazing panelists below!!
We hope that PSUNYC Women's Leadership Network (WLN) will be a close community with honest conversations and meaningful connections - please join us!
Who: Penn State alumni and friends
What: Networking event
When: 6:30PM on Wednesday, Oct 7, 2020
Where: WE ARE...going virtual for the Q4 WLN event! Register now and we will send the link once details are finalized and only if you have registered!
6:30-6:40PM PSUNYC Introduction
6:40-8:00PM Panel on HR (speakers will be announced closer to the event date)
Although the WLN events are typically for members only, we are making an exception with the October 7th event. But, we encourage you to join the Chapter! Dues are only $25 a year and your donation goes toward our operational expenses (such as event, website, and advertising/marketing costs). Sign up today!
- BS ('04), Meteorology
- Talent Acquisition Specialist/Senior Meteorologist, AccuWeather, Inc.
- After developing my love of the weather on my family's dairy farm in north-central PA, I graduated from Penn State University with a degree in Meteorology. I started at AccuWeather that following summer as an operational forecaster. Why am I now in HR as a Talent Acquisition Specialist? I developed a real interest in recruiting, as I was a member of the hiring team for the forecasting department. When this opportunity opened at AccuWeather, I thought it would be a great fit to embark on this new passion but also connect with candidates as I tell them about my experiences with the forecasting team.
- BS ('90), Labor & Industrial Relations w/ Minor, Business
- Chief Human Resources Officer for the Americas, MUFG Union Bank, N.A.
- Amy C. Ward is an innovative leader of strategic human resources with more than 20 years of experience in the financial services sector. She serves as Chief Human Resources Officer for the Americas for MUFG Americas Holiding Corporation and its primary subsidiary, MUFG Union Bank, N.A. She is responsible for overseeing all human resources strategy and functions for the company's operations in the United States, Canada, and Latin America, and is based in NY. During her tenure at MUFG, Ms. Ward has developed new strategies for evolving the bank's culture through enhanced focus on inclusion and diversity, employee engagement, recognition, and talent development. She also has played a key role in helping to increase the efficiency of HR processes and workforce planning, while better managing human capital risk. Prior to joining MUFG in 2017, Ms. Ward spent 18 years at PNC Financial Services, Inc. in a number of HR leadership roles. She holds a Master of Science degree in Human Organization Science from Villanova and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Labor & Industrial Relations with a minor in Business from Pennsylanvia State University.
Tracy J. Spencer
- BA ('14), Labor Studies & Employment Relations; MPS ('17), Human Resources & Employment Relations
- Corporate Director of Human Resources, Sigma Hospitality
- Born in NY and raised in NJ, Tracy has spent her entire career in the HR discipline. With over 20 years of experience, she has learned the intricacies of working with people and has developed her strengths in the areas of leadership, ethics, and integrity, relationship management, and emotional intelligence. Tracy's career highlights include specializing in talent acquisition, retention, employee relations, employment law compliance, coaching and mentoring, performance management, employee management, learning & development, and special projects management. Tracy's previous experience includes serving as HR Director for hotel brands such as Renaissance, Doubletree by Hilton, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn and Radisson. She has also managed the HR function and consulted in small to mid-size companies in industries including telecommunications, healthcare, and financial services.
Guest speakers are needed! Please email email@example.com if you would like to get more involved.
Can non-Penn State alumni join?
Yes, friends of Penn State are welcome.
Can men attend?
Yes, learn more about the experiences of women in the workforce and join our discussions.
Who can I contact with questions?