Wine + Mask: Sip and Sew Opportunity
Would you like to learn how to make a cloth mask and have your creation be donated to a community center? Do you also like to enjoy a glass of wine here or there? Well...you're in luck!
Grab a glass of your favorite vino and join a training/group sewing session for cloth masks for both adults and children that will be donated to HOPE Community Services, a community service center providing necessities to the local New Rochelle community.
HOPE Community Services is in need of child/adult masks for those in their community and can use our help in sending some their way! We're excited to pair up with such an amazing organization that's looking to support underserved communities during these trying times.
When: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 from 7 - 8:30 PM
Where: Zoom (Registrants will be sent the Zoom link a day prior to the event)
How: Register Here!
Materials Needed: We are aiming to have 5 masks made per attendee! You can either:
1) Purchase a mask-kit for $15 (including shipping) + bring your own plate & scissors (NOTE: If you will be purchasing a mask kit you must sign up by Friday October 16th to ensure timely delivery)
2) Bring your own items
You will need:
- Spool of Thread
- Elastic for Ear Straps: 10 adjustable ear straps OR 40 inches of elastic
- Cloth: 5 pieces of 10x10 cloth
- Plates: sized 10 inches (for adults) or 8 inches (for children) - not included in mask kit
- Scissors - not included in mask kit
We're eager to see you at this upcoming event. Got questions? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.